Tuesday 21 October 2014

Coconut Laddu

And my last post for today which is the ever so delicious Laddu.

I had no plans of making laddus this year as I had other priorities in my to-do list. In the morning today my husband and I went Dhanteras shopping and since we had left early to beat the Bangalore traffic both of us skipped breakfast. It is a different point of discussion that it still took us an hour to cover 5 kms today. It appeared that all of Bangalore was out shopping!! Well coming back to the point when hunger pangs struck us, my husband a diehard fan of samosas, ended up at a sweet mart to check if they were selling samosas and while drooling over the different displays of glucose my eyes fell upon these absolutely gorgeous looking laddus that motivated me to recreate this for you guys .

So here goes my version of a Plain Jane Nariyal laddu that is Diwali'ized to a melt-in-the-mouth, crunchy and nutty with coating of all the colourful nuts and chocolates I had handy.





Ingredients

1 Tin of condensed milk (I used mithai mate)
3 Cups of grated coconut
1 Cup of milk powder

Garnish

Chopped pistachios
Chopped almonds
Chopped cashew
Choco vermicelli chips
Crumpled edible rose petals
And yes grated coconut itself

Method

1. Cook condensed milk, milk powder and grated coconut together till they start leaving the surface of the vessel.
2. Let it cool a bit and roll it into small balls. While it is still warm roll it in the garnish and completely coat the laddus.

Ta da!!!! Serve and relish it and feel your glucose levels rising!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment