Saturday 13 December 2014

Coriander and Mint Chutney


Why a coriander chutney Indians might think!! What is so special about it? Yes you are right nothing special for us Indians however I still thought it was a good idea to put this up on my blog!!

So the story goes like this ... We had Mr M from our Bristol office visiting our India office for a project and he shared my coriander-mint chutney one day at lunch time. Despite it being probably a dynamite for him he took a liking to it I guess and wanted the recipe!! 


Wow!! now that got me thinking how things that we just take for granted can be a thing of someone would want to try out..

Here goes a Goan style coriander-mint chutney which can be used with samosas, kachori, tikkas or as a spread
for sandwiches. For Sandwiches what I do is just mix some butter and a little bit of sugar. You will love the green chutney sandwich, I promise.



All you need

2 cups coriander washed n chopped + 1/4 cup mint leaves
1/4 cup grater coconut
1/4 chopped onions
1/2 inch ginger chopped
Green chilly - 2 small o
r more if you don't mind a dynamite
1 tbsp lemon juice or u can substitute it with 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
Just grind all the above together into a smooth paste.. Add water only if required...
Ta da!!! Chutney is ready!!






No comments:

Post a Comment