Tuesday 18 November 2014

Kheema Paratha

This is the story of the evolution of Kheema Paratha. Something that my guests who were over don't know is that this Kheema Paratha just happened by chance. On Saturday morning when I was scratching my head about what's going to be the finger food something that came to my mind was Kheema wanton bakes. I got going with that idea and made Kheema. That out of the way, I got busy getting the dough ready for my Garlic Parmesan dinner rolls. At around 3 pm I started the work on the Wanton bake and within no time it was ready to go into the oven and was out of the oven in 20 mins on the dot. To my unpleasant surprise it turned out to be this dry, pokey edged wanton with extremely dry stuffing and dry Parmesan cheese topping!! 

No way!! This was not going to be served to my Besties... So after another round of head scratching and sneak peak at the clock at least 50 times I decided that it was going to Kheema Paratha cut into wedges that will be served as finger food... So there you go 






For the Kheema

Ingredients

Ground/Minced Meat 1 kg
Onions 3 medium, finely chopped
Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Ginger paste 2 tbsp
Green chillies 3 medium, finely chopped
Cilantro/ Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
Tomatoes 2 medium diced
Cooking oil 1 cup
Kheema masala 50 gms mixed in 1/2 cup water (I used Shan's Kheema masala)









Method

1. Heat oil and fry onions until transparent, add garlic and ginger paste and the knee a masala along with the minced meat. Stir fry till dry.
2. Add tomatoes and 1- 2 cups water and cover and cook on low heat for 30 mins or until the mince is tender
3. Tip in the green chillies, fresh coriander and cook again till oil separates.

For the dough

1. Mix wheat flour and salt to taste. Knead adding small quantity of water till you get a
soft dough. You can use the standing mixer if required
2. Roll out the dough into discs of 3 inches diameter and use the knee a as fillings
3. Close the edges and roll out into 1/2 cm thick chapattis and toast on a frying pan or tawa adding 1 tsp of oil on each side. Toast until golden brown
4. Cut into wedges and serve with chutney or sauce of your taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment